Submitted by SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL OF LAGUNA BEACH:
The Healthy Girl Festival by Soroptimist International of Laguna Beach will be held Saturday, April 27, at the Festival of Arts Grounds in Laguna Beach from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“We are ready to rock and roll,” according to event co-chair Connie Burlin. ”This nonprofit event will be a fun but also meaningful day of female-centric positive messages reinforcing the value and potential of every young girl," says Burlin.
A variety of activities, special guests, music, dance and entertainment will include:
- Shaena Stabler, popular local singer and co-owner of Stu News Laguna to MC.
- Yours Truly all-girl band, winner of the iPOP 2010 Singer/Band of the Year Award and 2011 Winner South Coast Battle of the Bands, will be performing on stage.
- Ellison Sisters, pro tennis stars, will be sharing their new fun product line.
- A special showing of the film Miss Representation, a Sundance Film Festival award-winning documentary highlighting the challenges of women in media and entertainment.
- The Lime Truck, winner of the Great Food Truck race on the Food Network
Over 35 vendors or exhibitors will be at the Healthy Girl Festival, including: James Pibram-Eco Warrior; Sarah Vanderveen-Author, Once by the Pacific; Malea Anderson-Zumba Instructor; Eat Cleaner Chef- interactive cooking demo; Hobie; Standup Paddle Company; Health in Balance; doTerra Essential Oils; Bubbles; Roots Beauty Underground; Om Meditation Studio; United Studios of Self Defense; Yoga Works; and Smart Girls Who Surf.
Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased at the door or online by clicking here.
“This is shaping up to be the mother-daughter event of the year in Laguna Beach,” said Connie Burlin, event chair. “The SILB Healthy Girl Festival has been created to help girls recognize and explore the many resources around them to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit.”
About Soroptimist International of Laguna Beach
Soroptimist International of Laguna Beach (one of the oldest non-profits in Laguna Beach) is a volunteer organization for business and professional women dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world. Founded in 1948, the Laguna Beach club is part of Soroptimist International of the Americas where almost 100,000 Soroptimists in about 120 countries and territories contribute time and financial support to community-based projects that benefit women and girls. For more information about how Soroptimist improves the lives of women and girls, visit our website at silagunabeach.org.