WHO: Laguna Plein Air Painters Association (LPAPA) celebrates its 15th Annual Laguna Beach Plein Air Painting Invitational.
WHAT: An eight-day painting event that includes over 40 of the most renowned plein air artists in the country. These artists come to seek inspiration, and to capture the imagery of Orange County’s coastline and scenic landmarks on canvas. A complete calendar of events with detailed information can be found on the LPAPA website, LagunaPleinAir.Org
WHEN: October 13-20, 2013. Highlights listed below.
WHERE: Treasure Island Park, Sunday, Oct. 13, 11 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.: A “quick draw” paint out. The public is invited to watch as works of art are created. A “meet and greet” the artist will be held from 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. At Aliso Creek Inn, 2 p.m.-3 p.m., a silent auction will be held on the patio for the newly painted works of art. Free trolley service will be provided between the two locations.
Heisler Park on Monday, October 14, 10:00 a.m.-12 noon: Kids’Paint Out & Cupcake Reception. The Kids’ Paint Out, for fourth grade students through high school, is designed to inspire a child’s blossoming interest in art. During this paint out, each child will be paired with a master painter and will learn new painting techniques. The art created will be for sale at the gala in the student’s gallery with proceeds going back to the participating school.
Heisler Park on Wednesday, October 16, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.: The LCAD (Laguna College of Art + Design) Next Generation Paint Out. These students are the next generation of developing painters. Their art will also be on display at the soiree.
- Aliso Creek on Saturday, October 19, 6 p.m.: The Collector’s Soiree: “Coastal Chic at Aliso Creek.” Attend this exciting party for the exclusive opportunity to meet the artists and view and purchase, in advance of the general public, the artworks created throughout the week. A VIP reception for artists and sponsors will be held from 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- The soiree will be held in a 9,000 square-foot custom-designed structure on the property, with a chic interior of black and white, and towering table centerpieces containing a mix of multi-colored orchids and nature accents created by Laguna Nursery. The event will include tray-passed hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail reception, followed by a buffet dinner catered by Chef Alessandro Pirozzi of Mare Culinary Lounge, and Alessa Laguna Beach. World rhythms and grooves will be performed by the Global Beat Foundation, with the inclusion of a special guest.
- At the Collectors’ Soiree, artists are awarded substantial cash prizes. LPAPA’s lifetime achievement award will be presented to internationally renowned master artist, Mian Situ.
- Tickets to the party/soiree are $100 per person, and may be purchased online at LPAPA’s website, lagunapleinair.org. Complimentary valet parking is provided.
- On Sunday, October 20, 10:00 a.m.-3 p.m., at Aliso Creek Inn, the general public is invited to view the exhibit and purchase over 100 original works of art.
WHY: Proceeds from the Invitational will be used to fund our children’s educational program, scholarships, mentorships, and additional LPAPA programs.