Submitted by the Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce:
The 2013 Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors were installed Friday night at Tivoli Too, along with the winners of the Spirit of Laguna Award for 2012.
Winners were announced for the following categories:
- BUSINESS OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Marine Room
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Luciano Stefanini
- CITIZEN OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Jane & Paul Egly
- GREEN ENTERPRISE OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Laguna County Water District
- BUILDING INDUSTRY OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Gregg Abel Construction & Design
- NON-PROFIT OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Laguna Beach Community Foundation
- RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Nick's- Laguna Beach
- GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Mayor Pro-Tem Elizabeth Pearson
- CITY PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Monica Tuchscher, Prinicpal Planner
- RETAIL STORE OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Laguna Beach Books
- GALLERY OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Peter Blake Gallery
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE OF THE YEAR - 2012 - MIssion Hospital - Emergency Room - Laguna
- BOARD MEMBER OF THE YEAR - 2012 - Debbie MacDonald (Tommy Bahama)
Michael Kinsman, 2013 President of the Board of Directors, presided over the ceremonies and announced the record-breaking attendance, over 190, for this event. Dr. Kinsman recognized outgoing Board member, Michael Beck of Mission Hospital for his service on the Board. Mayor Kelly Boyd presided over the Installation of Officers.
The Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce recognizes key individuals and businesses in the City each year with the Spirit of Laguna Awards. The Chamber will celebrate it’s 96th birthday this year and hopes to increase membership to 500 in 2013.