Contributed by Andrew Landsiedel:
The Third Annual Brush and Palette Benefit Concert is an event to help raise funds for the Brush and Palette, the Laguna Beach High School newspaper. The concert will feature a variety of student and alumni acts, and will take place this Friday, Sept. 27, in the Artists’ Theater at LBHS.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m, the concert will start at 7 p.m. Ticket prices will be $10 for students (any district student or any student from surrounding districts) and $15 for adults.
The first year in 2011, the concert raised $900, of which 60 percent was given to the family of Jake Rhyner, an LBHS student who was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Last year the concert raised $1,400. These funds have helped get the school paper a ton of new equipment and help pay for publications.
- Dylan Rouda: He is a singer-songwriter who is a junior at LBHS.
- Kailar Pike: A senior who plays ukulele. He covers songs ranging from classic rock (Led Zeppelin) to reggae.
- Maya Keces: Singer-songwriter who is a senior at LBHS. She also plays keyboard.
- Dharma Bums: Funk-rock band. Members are alumnus Noah Hunt, senior Niki Hunt, and alumnus Dylan Del Pizzo-Howell.
- Your Ugly Sister: Comprised of senior Kevin Nichols, alumnus Dylan Del Pizzo-Howell, and alumnus Elliot Glass. They are a psychedelic fuzz band that will be playing songs off their new EP "Slaves." The band recently sold a song to a fashion mogul for $10,000.
- Zacky T: Hip-hop outfit centered around alumnus Zacky T. He is a locally famous musician who has backed up several large hip-hop acts. He will be headlining the show.
- Andrew Landsiedel: The emcee, who has coordinated every concert since its inception.