Submitted by the Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce:
The Chamber of Commerce has started the first annual Scarecrow Fest and Contest.
Twenty-two local businesses are participating in the Scarecrow Contest. The scarecrows are judged based on the following criteria: Most Laguna Beach; Best Use of Natural Materials; Most Humorous; Best Use of Recycled Material; Best Business Theme; Spookiest; Most Artistic; and Best Action Scarecrow.
Voters are asked to visit each location before making their final decision. A ballot box is located at each location. The contest takes place from October 1 through October 25th.
The participating businesses invite all to visit their location and vote for their favorite scarecrow.
“We hope to win in the category of Best Business Theme and have created ‘Scarecrow Justice’,” said Ellie Ortiz, whose business Laguna Beach Legal is number 7 on the ballot. “This is a wonderful event that the Chamber of Commerce created to drive traffic to local businesses. As a business owner, I am proud of their efforts."
The 22 participating locations are:
1) Pacific Marine Mammal Center, 20612 Laguna Canyon
2) John Barber Glass Design, 21062 Laguna Canyon
3) Nokes & Quinn, 410 Broadway, Suite 200
4) Laguna Beach Visitors Bureau, 381 Forest Avenue
5) Spice Merchants, 311 Ocean Avenue
6) Art Hotel – Laguna, 1404 N. Coast Highway
7) Laguna Beach Legal Document & Mediation Center, 682 N. Coast Highway
8) Tommy Bahama Restaurant, 400 S. Coast Highway
9) Artists in Recovery Gallery, 658 S. Coast Highway
10) Buy Hand, 670 S. Coast Highway
11) Orange Inn, 703 S. Coast Highway
12) Otana Brow and Beauty, 777 S. Coast Highway
13) Merrilee’s Swimwear, 790 S. Coast Highway
14) Taim Boutique, 1259 S. Coast Highway
15) European Optical, 1276 S. Coast Highway
16) Hotel La Casa Del Camino, 1289 S. Coast Highway
17) The Passionate Collector, 1294 S. Coast Highway
18) Isla Boutique, 1330 S. Coast Highway
19) Laguna Nursery, 1370 S. Coast Highway
20) The Vintage Poster, 1492 S. Coast Highway
21) Strands and Stitches, 1516 S. Coast Highway
22) Spa Josephine, 1833 S. Coast Highway