Traditionally, New Year's Eve is considered a holiday celebrated by grown-ups . True, midnight is long past most kid’s bedtimes, but there are many fun ways to usher in the New Year with children in Orange County. Here is a list we compiled for you. Many of these require reservations, so call ahead and reserve a spot so you have someplace to be to ring in 2013! Check our calendar for information on all these events.
Click the links for more information ...
1. Bower's Kidseum: Ring in 2013 at a daytime celebration with plenty of family, friends, and fun for everyone. Wear party hats, craft festive noisemakers, and join the fun in our drumming circle! Write down your new year’s resolution, and then get ready for an exciting countdown to a colorful balloon drop at 1:30 p.m., complete with sparkling cider and cookies.
2. Great Night! Family New Year's Eve at the Great Park: Great Parks Family New Year’s Eve party features live music, dancing, great food, carousel rides, games and activities for the kids – all in a fun, alcohol-free environment. At 9 p.m. the Great Park will transform into a party atmosphere in time to ring in the New Year with a pop of streamers, party hats and noise makers. The party ends at 9:30, just in time to get the kids to bed at a decent hour!
3. Irvine Lanes New Year's Celebration: A NYE party for family and friends. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED! $45 price includes dinner buffet & bowling, shoe rental, hats, door prizes, free game passes, music, balloons, noisemakers, party favors, and a Champagne toast at midnight. Children under 3 are FREE! 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
4. OC Fairgrounds: An adult-only event (adults need some fun without the kids sometimes!), the New Year's Eve Block Party is offering great fun in a casual setting. No black ties here! The party will offer live tribute bands and DJ entertainment playing today’s most popular music. There will be plenty of gourmet food trucks and drinks available for purchase.
5. Pretend City: This is a daytime event in Irvine for the family with little ones. They will have a storytime, special art projects, and a countdown at noon with music, streamers, and noisemakers.